Keto Pizza Dough
This is the best pizza you've had since starting keto, I'd bet money on it! Very easy to make and the dough recipe can be used for anything else you would use a fathead dough for. Its fluffy and delicious and can be seasoned sweet or savory. But hold out for the end to get that buttery **Dominos-esque** garlic bread crust! You're gonna die, its amazing.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yields 1 pizza crust
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Garlic herb butter
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of dried marjoram
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the mozzarella to a microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until fully melted. Stir.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum to the bowl with the cheese.
- Mix with a rubber spatula or by hand until well combined.
- Add the eggs. Mix with a rubber spatula or by hand until incorporated.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. The dough will rise a bit.
- Give the dough a quick stir.
- Transfer the dough to the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roll the dough out to the desired shape or use lightly oiled hands to flatten the dough. It should be about ¼ inch thick. Lightly grease the rolling pin if using.
- Create a border around the rolled dough using your hands. Press it down a bit in the center, so you get a nice puffy outer crust.
- Poke holes in the bottom of the dough with a fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the pizza crust is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or until it starts to foam.
- Add the garlic powder and dried herbs.
- Remove the crust from the oven and brush with the seasoned butter. Once the crust is done, add sauce and toppings, then broil on low until the toppings are melted and bubbly.
Serving size ¼ of crust
Total Fat 37g - Percent Daily Value 47%
Saturated Fat 13g - Percent Daily Value 65%
Trans Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol 150mg - Percent Daily Value 50%
Sodium 690mg - Percent Daily Value 30%
Total Carbohydrate 11g - Percent Daily Value 4%
Dietary Fiber 4g - Percent Daily Value 14%
Incl. Added Sugars 0g - Percent Daily Value 0%
Protein 26g - Percent Daily Value 52%
Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.